In an office space, there are few furniture pieces as important as the chair. The quality of the chairs your staff uses may have a far-reaching impact on your business. Ergonomic seating will improve the well-being of your team and boost employee satisfaction. Ultimately, this will enhance their productivity as well as ensure the success of the business.
If the variety of prices, materials and styles confuses you, follow a few simple tips to get great value for money. Read on to find out how to find a dependable office chair whether you’re buying them new or used. Look for leading suppliers of Aeron chairs and other quality office furniture in San Diego.
How do I choose the right office chair?
Before you select the seating that will boost the looks and functionality of your office space, consider how a good office chair can support your body. If you’re wondering how to find the best ergonomic office seating, here is a list of features to keep in mind:
- Back support: It’s crucial to assume good working positions at your office desk in order to prevent back strain and reduce the risk for musculoskeletal conditions. The best chairs provide reliable support to the lower back and let it position naturally. It’s great if the backrest is adjustable.
- Seat: The seat should be adequately padded for comfort. It should also have a suitable size and adjustable height. You’ll know that the height is right if you can comfortably rest the soles of your feet on the ground while sitting. There should also be a small gap between the chair and the back of your knees.
- Armrests: The user’s shoulders should be relaxed, with the elbows and lower arms on the armrests. They shouldn’t be too wide, narrow or high to prevent shoulder and arm fatigue.
- Swivel: The swivel has to be strong and able to rotate easily. This feature helps you reach items from a nearby desk or shelf without straining your arms.
- Wheel base: Most office chairs include a wheel base to allow for easy movement when you need to quickly reach for something. They should be sturdy and reliable. You can also get chairs with special wheels which don’t damage carpeting.
- Material: Office chairs come in many materials. Leather, faux leather, fabric, mesh and vinyl offer varying degrees of comfort, aesthetics, breathability etc. This is a matter of taste and individual preferences.
What size office chair do I need?
The seat of the chair should be wide and deep enough to accommodate the user. Office chair width is usually between 16 and 21 inches. You should be able to rest your back against the backrest while keeping your feet on the floor. There are also chairs specifically designed for taller and heavier as well as more petite users.
Research your options before you make the final decision because the size of the chair is one of its most important aspects.
Where can I find used Aeron chairs for sale and other quality furniture?
Would you like to explore a versatile selection of sleek, modern furniture? At BOO Furniture, we provide customers with first-rate quality no matter what part of the office you need to furnish. We offer a variety of many different types of office chairs, including comfortable Aeron chairs, so you’ll easily choose a quality item that fits your taste, budget and requirements.
With the helpful advice of our friendly staff, you will be thrilled with your choice. We’ll deliver your new pieces to your office in Serra Mesa or another San Diego neighborhood. Contact us to find the best office seating options from leading brands!