The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Conference Room
The conference room is an essential part of every workspace. However, if not designed and furnished properly, you won’t get the opportunity to enjoy all the advantages of this multifunctional space. To avoid wasting away its potential, make sure to browse through our excellent office furniture offer here in San Diego.
You can start by selecting one of the large conference tables that will help you upgrade this room with ease and then pick the right chairs and storage units to further enhance its look & functionality. It goes without saying that investing in a conference room is important, so let’s learn how to set it up properly.
How do I set up a conference room?
When setting up your conference room, these are some of the things that you should keep in mind:
- What will it be used for? Before you decide on the ideal arrangement for your conference room, ask yourself who will use it and for what. For example, if you intend to use it for giving weekly presentations, a classroom setup might be your best choice. On the other hand, if you want to promote free communication and collaboration during the staff meetings, banquet-style seating is definitely a better option.
- How many people should it accommodate at once? Whether you plan to hold meetings with 10 or 50 people will greatly impact the setup of your conference room. You need to purchase a conference table that is spacious enough to accommodate all the participants and rearrange the furniture so that all of them can see the presenter and be able to hear what’s discussed.
- What kind of equipment will you need? Before you decide on your final conference room arrangement, consider all the equipment that you want to integrate and then organize the layout around it. You should make sure that every employee can see the whiteboard or the screen, and, if needed, can easily reach the microphone.
What should a conference room have?
If you want to step up your conference room game and charm your business associates, here are a few must-have items to add to its setup:
- Smart Board: This cutting-edge piece of equipment is a computer, whiteboard, and a projector screen all in one. You can also connect it directly to your conference room printer and thus be able to print and share notes with all the participants on the spot.
- Advanced video conferencing system: If you have clients and business partners from other cities or states, use this state-of-the-art communication system to organize online meetings at everybody’s convenience.
- Adequate lighting system: Harsh conference room lights will strain your employees’ eyes, making them feel uncomfortable and demotivated to participate. To avoid this, you should invest in a good lighting system and have dimmer switches installed. They will allow you to adjust the brightness to soothe everyone.
- Contemporary conference table: When selecting your conference table, you should make sure that its style complements the rest of the workspace, creating a nice flow in the design. Modern conference tables come in a variety of shapes, including round, rectangular, boat, keystone, U-shaped, V-shaped, modular, etc. Which one is the best for your business will mostly depend on the size and layout of your conference room, as well as your personal preferences.
Where to find the best conference tables in San Diego & beyond?
Right here at BOO Furniture. We boast a wide collection of office furniture that can take your conference room design to the next level and increase its functionality. You can rely on our team of seasoned furniture specialists to introduce you to our assortment of conference tables and help you pick the one that hits the spot. Conveniently located in the heart of Kearny Mesa community, we can be easily reached from all parts of San Diego and the nearby towns. Visit us at our well-stocked store, and we will gladly cater to your furniture needs and do our best to meet and exceed your expectations.