Every business owner knows how important office design is for employee productivity and satisfaction. Yet, not many employers know what characterizes a modern office and what they need to create one.
In addition to introducing modern design trends to your office, you also need to consider how some traditional features fit into modern design. For instance, you can now find modern office cubicles not only in San Diego, but across the world as this design element has been reintroduced into the modern workplace.
So, to embrace office modernity in its truest sense, you first need to consider what makes an office modern.
What are the characteristics of a modern office?
Although office design trends are constantly changing, there are a few features that can be found in any modern workplace settings. These include the following:
- Home-inspired comforts. A great number of offices incorporate some homey features such as office kitchens, sleeping pods, media centers, and other home-like conveniences that make employees feel comfortable and pleasant in the office that has become “a home away from home”.
- Ergonomically designed office furniture. This is an important feature of the modern office that enhances the comfort and well-being of employees and boosts their productivity. From adjustable desks to flexible seating arrangements, ergonomic furniture features are definitely one of the most important characteristics of the modern workplace.
- Varied lighting. Since it has been shown that lighting plays such an important role in boosting employee productivity, office designers pay special attention to both artificial and natural lighting. You can now find plenty of overhead lights, task lamps, LED strips, and other fixtures that ensure employees have plenty of light.
- Multifunctional work areas. You can now have multiple zones within an office setting, many of which serve multiple functions. However, the most important feature is creating a balance between privacy and collaboration, so many employers now choose re-invented open floor designs for increased productivity.
- Authentic office decor. Decoration and visual appeal also characterize a modern workplace since they also affect employee productivity, creativity, and job satisfaction. Therefore, many employers now choose to create stimulating, creative workspaces with plenty of colors, patterns, and other creative elements.
How do cubicles fit in modern office design?
If you haven’t heard it already, the cubicle is back and widely accepted in modern office settings. However, how come that this, by some much-hated, design element is now more than welcome to the widely popular open floor design? What has prompted the reintroduction of office cubicles to modern workspaces?
Well, believe it or not, it seems that open office design does have its own set of disadvantages, including lower productivity levels and an increased number of distractions. This is where cubicles come in. This type of design offers privacy that employees need to focus on work and enhance their work performance.
However, don’t you think that the comeback of the cubicle means the comeback of the cubicle farm. Instead, embrace the modern concept of office cubicles implemented within an open workspace, featuring a new, reinvented look. This allows employers to create a balance between open, collaborative areas and private zones for independent work.
What is the difference between a cubicle and a workstation?
You may be wondering if cubicles are the same as workstations and if they have never left the office environment. Workstations are more open in design than office cubicles, often combining multiple desks so that members of the same team can work together.
On the other hand, cubicles are more private and feature fewer distractions. The modern office cubicle can be greatly different than their traditional counterparts, featuring lower partitions, adjustable seating, etc.
Discover modern office cubicles in San Diego & across the area
Here at BOO Furniture, you can find elegantly designed office cubicles that will help you bring balance back into your office and create a workplace that supports both collaboration and independent work. Our selection of office furniture includes high-quality, durable pieces that will bring lasting value to your office design. What’s more, with us, you can have your office furniture delivered and installed within a short period of time. We’re the leading supplier of office furniture across the area, so whether you’re located in Little Italy or anywhere else in the region, feel free to contact us!